What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that occurs when your blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is too high. Blood glucose is your main source of energy and comes from the food you eat. Insulin, a hormone made by the pancreas, helps glucose from food get into your cells to be used for energy. Sometimes your body doesn’t make enough—or any—insulin or doesn’t use insulin well. Glucose then stays in your blood and doesn’t reach your cells.
Symptoms of diabetes
- increased hunger
- increased thirst
- weight loss
- frequent urination
- blurry vision
- extreme fatigue
- sores that don’t heal
Suggestions for diabetics
- A low-fat, high-fiber diet should be the main principle, including high amounts of raw vegetables and fruits and fresh vegetable juices. This reduces the body’s need for insulin.
- Fiber also has the effect of lowering blood sugar. If you want to eat snacks, you can choose high-fiber biscuits made of oatmeal or rice bran. Beans, root vegetables and whole grains are also good choices.
- The best source of protein is plant-based, although fish and low-fat dairy are also acceptable food sources.
- Eat more carbohydrates or reduce the amount of insulin before exercising. Exercise can produce insulin-like effects. Before choosing any kind of exercise, you should consult your doctor or professional medical staff.
Misconception of Nuewee Organic Protein
- Diabetics cannot consume too much sugar?
Nuewee Organic Protein uses fructose as main source of sugar. Fructose is absorbed slower than glucose in small intestines, it does not require insulin, thus having little impact on blood sugar level.
Nuewee Organic Protein has only 1.25g fructose which is less than tomato (1.7g), orange (3g), apple (10g) and banana (6g)! So, patients with diabetics are suitable to take a glass of NUEWEE Organic Protein per day.
2. Diabetics cannot consume protein?
Diabetics is suggested to consume plant-based protein. Diabetics is recommended to eat about the same amount of protein as the general public, which is 15-20% of their daily calories (typically 1-1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day).
Nuewee Organic Protein is a plant-based protein and it is less than 15g of protein per cup. So, Nuewee Organic Protein is safe to consume. Diabetics may discuss their individual protein needs with a doctor, as the requirement will vary from person to person.